i had the pleasure of being the makeup artist for linda and her lovely bridesmaids in november of 2011. when i met linda and her sister for the first time for her makeup and hair trial, she wanted very natural makeup since she normally doesn’t wear any at all. later on, her sister convinced her to go for something more dramatic and i’m so glad she was open to the idea.
natural makeup is always so lovely for brides, but that doesn’t mean that smoky eyes shouldn’t be worn on the wedding day. with the right makeup products, you won’t need to worry about smudging if you happen to turn on the waterworks! i used shu uemura black painting liner which is waterproof once dry.
for linda’s makeup, i used a mix of black, grey and silver makeup. and of course, i used my go-to eyeshadow m dark brown 895 to warm it all up. i use this shade with almost all makeup looks that i create.
linda has very fine and thin hair and she wanted some serious volume for her wedding day. so for her hair, i curled it with a straightening iron to ensure the curls stayed all day long, i backcombed her entire head to add volume then brushed and pinned it all to the side.
for the bridesmaids, to go with their pewter dresses, i chose champagne eyeshadows.
here’s a video done by talented cinematographer vladimir druts. check out some of his work; he does a wide range of work: from weddings, to documentaries to fashion cinematography.
see below for a list of shu uemura eyeshadows used to create the bride and the bridesmaids’ looks.
linda’s smoky eyes:
- base eyeshadow: ir black 985 (gunmetal grey)
- lash line and outer corner: m black 990
- blend and soften outer corner: m dark brown 895
- crease: glow on 761 and brush 8HR (to warm up the entire look)
- brow bone: m beige 813
- inner corner: g silver
- upper and lower liner: black painting liner
bridesmaids’ champagne eyes:
- base eyeshadow: ir light beige 811
- lash line and outer corner: me medium brown 856
- outer corner layered on top of medium brown: m dark brown 895
- crease: glow on 761
- inner corner: g bronze
- upper and lower liner: brown painting liner