i’ve been having so much fun playing with the new shu uemura eyeshadow textures. there are 3 new silk cream shadows which can be worn alone, as a base for shadows or overtop shadows and 6 new cream eyeshadows. these are perfect for enhancing the new glitter shadows and help to prevent eyeshadows from falling onto the face during application.
there’s also a limited edition refillable eyeshadow/blush case in white! love <3. here’s the palette i created for the purple crush look:
- new medium purple cream shadow
- new G purple glitter shadow
- new P dark plum 790 pressed shadow
- new G blue glitter shadow
this look is super easy to create…
- glow on stage performer to even out skin tone and texture
- face architect smooth fit foundation in 564 (i recently switched to this one because it’s more matte than the illuminating moisture foundation since i’m oilier in the summer months and the smooth fit foundation also contains SPF)
- face powder matte in colourless for T-zone
- cheeks: glow on M 324 (available in Holts Canada only) and glow on P light pink 315 to highlight
- use brush 10 and apply purple cream shadow blending from the lash line upwards creating a smooth transition
- use brush 10 and pat G purple glitter over top the cream shadow
- use brush 10 and apply P deep plum 790 to the inner and outer parts of the eye to contour the eyeball and create dimension.
- use brush 11 to soften the edges
- use brush 4F and black painting liner to draw a wide line on the lash line and tight line the eyes
- *tip: use eyelash curler to curl the luxe black lashes first, BEFORE applying them on your lashes. this gives the falsies a really good lift and it really widens then eye once applied.
- use brush 10F (flat brush) to press P deep plum 790 onto the outer 2/3 of the lash line
- use brush 4F and brown painting liner to fill in between the lashes and on the waterline then press P deep plum on top – this will really set the liner! it will seriously stay on all day
- use brush 10F and press G blue glitter shadow on the inner 1/3 of lash line and onto the centre of lower lid (overlapping the deep plum)
- apply new strech xtreme mascara to lower lashes
the new stretch xtreme mascara is waterproof. it’s a fibre mascara so you can keep applying to build length and volume.
- i used new shu uemura brow manicure. i absolutely LOVE this new product. the little brush has 2 sides, one with shorter bristles to paint each brow (sweep upwards) and other side with longer curved bristled to put the brows in place. best part is that it’s water and sweat proof! just in time for summer!
- rouge unlimited in PK 315. a fun cool bubble gum pink