getting ready for spring? it’s time to pull out some colourful eyeshadows and to shop for some new makeup goodies to add to your collection! flipping through magazines and browsing online, i was inspired to create a aqua marine makeup look to reflect the spunky colourful liners seen on the runways this spring season.
loulou magazine also featured this look in the march 2013 issue:
image taken from loulou magazine march 2013 issue
this is my version using the new shu uemura spring 2013 dream blossom blue palette:
this look is so easy to recreate:
FACE: keep skin soft and fresh using minimal makeup
- cleanse skin using cleansing oil (i like to use the fresh one – pink bottle)
- hydrate skin so that makeup smoothes on nicely; for very clean and fresh looking skin, i recommend using the hydrabtility intense moisture filling
- apply shu uemura bb perfector cream – available in stores in canada
- lightly dust loose powder matte to areas that tend to get overly shiny i.e., nose and forehead
- spritz face with depsea water (i’m currently using mint)
EYEBROWS: for a softer spring look, shape eyebrows so that they are more straight than arched
- shape eyebrows using shu uemura hard formula (i use seal brown)
- soften them using brush 6OB
- i like to set my brows in place using the shu uemura brow manicure in ash brown
- click here to view the brushes that were used for this look.
- the ocean beads lashes used for this look are part of a collaboration with japanese contemporary artist OB and shu uemura. OB created a magical world where we can find four princesses living in a fantastical universe each having their own distinct features. these lashes were created with the ocean princess in mind.
- apply new P soft pink 324 glow on on apples of cheeks using brush 20 using the flat side of the brush for most smooth and colour intense application. click here to read my review on the new glow ons and on tips on how to use them.
- make sure lips are well moisturized. i like to use the depsea hydrability lip balm.
- apply new ob sakura pink rouge unlimited for a cute pink pout
have fun experimenting with this trendy aqua marine look!