just in time for summer! shu uemura has released two new great products that are both waterproof. great for the humid summer months and outings to the beach.
- shu uemura stretch xtreme mascara. this mascara is a fibre mascara that’s waterproof. you can paint on layer after layer to achieve the desired volume and length for your lashes! the wand is also slightly curved so it fits nicely onto the lash line. this mascara was actually designed with asian lashes in mind, so that bristles on the wand grab onto the smallest of lashes and builds volume for sparse lashes.
- shu uemura brow manicure. i have been waiting for shu to come out with a brow gel! it’s finally here! it’s sweat-proof and waterproof. it comes in two colours: honey glaze and ash brown. it has a handy wand with bristles designed to create the perfect brows. one end has shorter bristles to paint each brow (brushing the hairs upward) and the other side has longer bristles to brush the brows into place. i like to use this product in combination the the shu uemura hard formula (brow pencil – i use colour seal brown). i soften the colour using brush 6OB (angled badger hair brush designed for brows). My brows are quite sparse so I draw in the shape with the hard formula pencil, then paint my brows with the brow manicure to really give colour to my brows and to put them into place since my brows, like most asian brows, grow downwards. i don’t like to trim them because i don’t have very many hairs as it is, so i prefer to brush and place them aside using the brow gel.
here’s a photo with my right eye’s lashes curled using the shu uemura lash curler and coated with stretch xtreme mascara (3 coats). i also coated my bottom lashes (2 coats). my right brow is also done with the hard formula brow pencil and hairs painted and set in place with brow manicure. a very natural finish.
what a big difference it makes! for more length, i could’ve continued layering the mascara for a more dramatic effect.
try it! it really opens up the eyes.
i’ve been having so much fun playing with the new shu uemura eyeshadow textures. there are 3 new silk cream shadows which can be worn alone, as a base for shadows or overtop shadows and 6 new cream eyeshadows. these are perfect for enhancing the new glitter shadows and help to prevent eyeshadows from falling onto the face during application.
there’s also a limited edition refillable eyeshadow/blush case in white! love <3. here’s the palette i created for the purple crush look:
- new medium purple cream shadow
- new G purple glitter shadow
- new P dark plum 790 pressed shadow
- new G blue glitter shadow
this look is super easy to create…
- glow on stage performer to even out skin tone and texture
- face architect smooth fit foundation in 564 (i recently switched to this one because it’s more matte than the illuminating moisture foundation since i’m oilier in the summer months and the smooth fit foundation also contains SPF)
- face powder matte in colourless for T-zone
- cheeks: glow on M 324 (available in Holts Canada only) and glow on P light pink 315 to highlight
click here to see the new shu uemura glitter and cream shadows, new stretch xtreme waterproof fibre mascara and new brown manicure brow mascaras
click here to discover shu uemura hand-crafted brushes
- use brush 10 and apply purple cream shadow blending from the lash line upwards creating a smooth transition
- use brush 10 and pat G purple glitter over top the cream shadow
- use brush 10 and apply P deep plum 790 to the inner and outer parts of the eye to contour the eyeball and create dimension.
- use brush 11 to soften the edges
- use brush 4F and black painting liner to draw a wide line on the lash line and tight line the eyes
- *tip: use eyelash curler to curl the luxe black lashes first, BEFORE applying them on your lashes. this gives the falsies a really good lift and it really widens then eye once applied.
*the tools that you use to apply shadows are even more essential when working with glitters. the best shu uemura brushes are made with kollinsky hair (asian mink) which is very porous. it picks up colour and deposits on the lip minimizing any fall off onto your cheek and gives high colour intensity.
- use brush 10F (flat brush) to press P deep plum 790 onto the outer 2/3 of the lash line
- use brush 4F and brown painting liner to fill in between the lashes and on the waterline then press P deep plum on top – this will really set the liner! it will seriously stay on all day
- use brush 10F and press G blue glitter shadow on the inner 1/3 of lash line and onto the centre of lower lid (overlapping the deep plum)
- apply new strech xtreme mascara to lower lashes
the new stretch xtreme mascara is waterproof. it’s a fibre mascara so you can keep applying to build length and volume.
- i used new shu uemura brow manicure. i absolutely LOVE this new product. the little brush has 2 sides, one with shorter bristles to paint each brow (sweep upwards) and other side with longer curved bristled to put the brows in place. best part is that it’s water and sweat proof! just in time for summer!