spring 2012 makeup trend: how to wear a pop of colour
as seen across the runways this spring season, a pop of colour is a fun way to brighten up your look. it could, however, seem difficult to pull off. if it’s your first time trying to add some brights to your makeup look, here are some tips to get your feet wet:
- choose a shade that you are comfortable wearing . although tangerine is hot this summer, you can start off with a colour that you are more comfortable with before trying out the orange tones. shades such as blue, green, purple and yellow are great too!
- choose a more subtle way of applying the bright eyeshadow. here are a few ways on doing this:
- apply a light sweep of the colour: start from the lash line, but a bit off centre towards the outer corner of the eye and create a gradation from that point outwards using brush 10 or brush 11 if you’d like an even softer effect. line your eyes with brown painting liner, curl lashes and apply mascara.
- apply the bright colour to the inner corner of eye: using the smaller precision brush 5R, apply the bright colour to the inner corner of your eye to brighten and open up the eyes. stick to cool tones, as warmer tones such as tangerine can make the eyes appear irritated.
- apply the colour on the lower lash line: do your makeup as you normally would for a natural look (using browns and taupes), then using angled brush 6 OB line your bottom lash line with the bright colour to really open up the eyes.
- apply the colour to the outer edge of the crease colour: do your makeup as you normally would using neutral colours. use a matte colour deep brown for the crease/outer corner of eye, then using brush 10 place the bright colour at the edge of the crease colour, soften and blend into the crease colour using brush 11.
3. keep the rest of the face neutral: apply peach blush and sheer lipstick. the shu uemura supreme shine lipsticks are perfect for this.
here is my list of recommended shu uemura brights to try out this season:
the new spring celestial garden trios are a perfect way to follow the above steps:
air eyeshadow trio (blue, purple, brown)
light eyeshadow trio (green, yellow, brown)
eventually, you can go bold and extend the colour further out for a playful look. To learn how to re-create the look below, click the link to visit the www.shuuemura-usa.com (under the collections section entitled “ocean blue”).
photography by mark darren, model effie tsorovas, makeup by patricia lee
be bold and have fun with colours!
great post and beautiful eye-make up! I love all shades of blue!
Freddie & Cinnamon
thanks Olga!!! i hope you’ll try out some punchy colours this season!
This is beautiful! As always, you are a master at blending. ❤ ❤ <3!!!
Aw thanks my dear!! You’re the sweetest
I love your work! Do you have any creative projects coming up? I’m thinking like the ones you did for Shu uemura’s competition! I loved those!!!
i’d love to get back into the creatives as well! i’ll definitely plan for that 🙂