spring is finally around the corner! i’m sure we’re all looking forward to ditching those bulky winter coats and to tap into some of the new spring 2013 trends! march’s issue of loulou magazine outlined the hottest makeup trends for this spring. several of which can be created using the new shu uemura dream blossom collection.
the first trend that i’ll be featuring is warm and mysterious smoky eyes. i think this look is best achieved using matte eyeshadow shades while keeping skin and lips clean and neutral.
image taken from loulou magazine’s march 2013 issue
here is my version:
to recreate this look:
FACE: keep skin clean and fresh
- always properly cleanse and prep skin. i used shu uemura fresh cleansing oil (the pink bottle) and the hydrability line.
- apply pore eraser uv underbase using pentagon sponge
- apply illuminating moisture foundation (my shade is medium light sand 564) using the same sponge
- dust a very small amount of face powder matte in colourless on areas that then to get oily. we want to keep skin fresh, so use a minimal amount.
- spritz face with depsea water (i’m using the mint one right now – refreshing!) to get a dewy finish and to set the makeup.
- naturally define brows with small strokes following the direction of hair growth using hard formula (my shade is seal brown)
- i like to apply the brow manicure to keep my hairs in place (i used ash brown)
EYES: this look was created using the pink palette from the dream blossom collection (click here to read a review on the palettes) this technique works for monolid eyes as well.
these are the brushes, products and tools that i used (click on images to visit the shu uemura website):
natural brush 10
brown painting liner stretch xtreme mascara
CHEEKS: keep cheeks pretty neutral. add a bit of colour for dimension.
- contour cheeks using glow on 761 and brush 20h
- add a touch of P soft orange (click here to read review on glow ons) to apples of cheeks using brush 20
LIPS: for this look, keep lips very neutral so that the attention is all kept in the eyes.
- line lips with neutral lip pencil
- fill lips with new rouge unlimited in light beige
have fun experimenting! more spring looks to come!