shu uemura has just released fun new shades of glitter eyeshadows! What’s even more exciting is that shu uemura has also released new cream eyeshadows which are perfect to enhance the glitter shadows and to intensify the colour of any of the other pressed eyeshadows. i absolutely love, love, love the silky texture of the cream shadows and that they allow me to press on the glitter shadows without having the glitter fall onto my cheeks (we all know how hard that is to wipe off if you’ve already applied your foundation!).
for the warm summer weather, why not try a wearable pink lemonade look? p.s. my eyes aren’t really that big, i’ll teach you how to make eyes appear wider.
- bb beige uv underbase mousse (the green mamechiyo bottle) | pentagon sponge
- face architect illuminating fluid foundation in 564 (medium light sand) | brush 18
- face powder matte in colours | brush 18R
- glow on M | brush 20
- base: use finger tip or brush 10 to apply brown cream shadow blending from lash line upwards creating a gradation
- base: use finger tip or brush 10 to apply pink cream shadow above the brown and a dab a little to the centre of your lid to create dimension
- inner and outer corners: use brush 10 and M dark brown 895 shadow and contour your eyeball (i know this sounds funny). asian eyes are usually more flat, so we need to create the illusion of dimension.
- use brush 5R and sweep G light brown along upper lash line all the way up to crease
- use brush 10 and press G pink on the centre of lid and above crease (placing glitter on the centre of lid gives dimension and makes eyes appear wider)
- use brush 4F and brown painting liner to draw a thick line to upper lash line (you should really see the line when your eyes are opened). soften that line by sweeping M dark brown 895 on top using brush 5R
- use brush 4F and black painting liner to tight line upper lash line and to line the base/roots of upper lash line. extend the liner outwards (not upwards) to create wider eyes
- *trick: to prevent painting liner from drying out while you’re using it, flip it over onto the table while you’re applying
- curl lashes, apply ultimate expression mascara and luxe black falsies
- use brush 4F and brown painting liner (black will close up the eyes making them appear smaller) and fill in between lower lash line – all the way to inner corner and fill the inner corner also (this makes eyes appear wider)
- use brush 10F to press M dark brown 895 into lash line to set the painting liner
- use brush 10F and apply G yellow to inner corners and centre of lower lid
- *trick: use liquid liner pen to draw a few bottom lashes on the outer 1/3 of lower lid to make eyes look wider
- apply gold liquid liner to inner corner and to bottom of of outer edge (flick) of liner – this will lift the eyes
- lip vinyl OR 521 for juicy high-shine lips
have fun!! the sunshine is out, play around with some glitter!