for the new shu uemura fall 2012 chocolat-donna collection, i created two makeup looks using two of the three delicious palettes. the first of the two was using the raspberry & mocha palette. if you’re looking for the most neutral and wearable of the three palette, this one would be your pick.
raspberry & mocha is the one in the centre
for this look, i wanted to show off more of the pinks and purples while using the browns to contour. i love that all of the palettes come with both medium and dark brown matte shades which are so perfect for contouring and creating a lovely chocolate smoky eye.
here’s how to create the look (and some behind-the-scenes photos taken by my wonderful husband):
- base: stage performer instant glow (it was designed to use on runway models backstage to instantly correct imperfections including fine lines. it has a chroma-adjuster so it adjusts to the colour of your skin when applied)
- use brush 18 and apply illuminating moisture foundation (764 was used on model)
- use synthetic brush 10 to apply point cealer (medium light beige for model)
- brush 18R to set foundation using matte powder in colourless
- use eye light pencil white on brow bone and blend with brush 10 (apply onto lids also if desired to intensify eyeshadow colour)
- use natural brush 10 and brown cream shadow to create crease shape
- use brush 12 to apply pink shade on brow bone
- use brush 11 to apply matte brown shade over top brown cream shadow
- brush 10 to apply pink shade to center of lid
- brush 10 to apply purple shade to crease and extend out to temple; brush 11 to soften
- brush 5R to apply deep brown shade to outer corner to add depth
- brush 10F to apply deep brown and metallic brown to lower lid
- brush 4R to apply pearl shade to the inner corner
- brush 2R to line eyes with black painting liner
- curl lashes and use stretch xtreme mascara (which is a waterproof fibre mascara, so you can build volume and length by applying several coats – i love this!)
- apply choco-lash
- use brush 20 to apply frambosier blush contouring cheeks then apply apricot blush to apples of cheeks
- rouge unlimited BR 750 and gloss 283
- 2 coats of dark chocolate then apply icing glitter on tips for dark chocolate champagne nails!
we had a hard time choosing just one image for shu uemura; here were are initial final four:
these are unedited images
here’s the final image captured by talented photographer mark darren with beautiful model stephanie nicholson with hair styled by eliza tam:
i’ll be blogging about the orange & pistachio palette soon – stayed tuned!