for the collection, our international artistic direct kakuyasu uchiide created a beautiful chocolatey look using the orange & pistachio palette. for second look that i did for the new shu uemura fall 2012 chocolat-donna collection, i wanted to use the palettes in a slightly different way. i focused more on the pistachio green in the orange & pistachio palette since it’s such a unique colour. i also wanted to incorporate the mint & vanilla palette, so i used the mint green shimmery shadow for highlighting.
decorate a sensual chocolatey eye with hint of pistachio to the centre of the lids. this really switches up the typical neutral eye. complete the lovely lady-like look with a bold and glossy red lip for added drama.
to get the look:
- for a flawless canvas, prep skin with concentrate (tsuya skin was used on model – review on this product to come soon!)
- apply tsuya uv underbase mousse to smooth away pores so that foundation glides on perfectly (review to come)
- use brush 18 to apply face architect smooth fit fluid foundation in 564
- use cover crayon concealer in 7YR ML to under eye, nose and outer corner of lip area and on blemishes and use synthetic brush 10 to blend
- use brush 18R and face powder matte in colourless to set
- use natural brush 10 and apply creamy eye shadow in p medium olive 461 to eye socket to create shape
- use natural brush 10 and apply matte light brown shade from the pistachio & orange palette over the creamy shadow; use brush 11 to soften
- deepen definition using brush 10 and apply dark matte brown shade from the same palette to crease and lower lid
- use brush 11 and apply pistachio shade to the centre of lid
- use brush 4R to apply orange shade to inner corner and lower lid
- use brush 12 highlight brow bone with peach shade from palette (the mint shade from the mint & vanilla palette was used on model)
- leave brows or simply apply brow manicure in ash brown to leave focus on the eyes
- use brush 2R to line eyes with black painting liner
- curl lashes and apply stretch xtreme mascara
- apply choco-lash partial lashes
- use brush 20 to apply apricot glow on to apples of cheeks
- line lips with nude lip liner
- use lip brush to apply rouge unlimited in rd160
- apply clear lip vinyl over top
- if enlarged pores are of concern, a quick tip to fix this is to apply face powder matte in colourless before applying foundation and again after. by applying the loose powder before, pores are smoothed away, which creates a smooth canvas for foundation to glide over.
i didn’t have my husband there to take some step-by-step photos this time. i’ll be sure to bring him next time!