for spring 2013, shu uemura collaborates with young japanese artist ob to celebrate the rise in a new sensitivity in art. according to ob,
“… reality lies in the world of ambiguity. In between the innocent, beautiful dream world and the physical world. That is what [she] want[s] to express in [her] collection.” – ob
she created a universe where four princesses can be found: cherry blossom princess, moon princess, forest princess and ocean princess. for the collection, i had the opportunity to create four makeup looks using the new spring eyeshadows and lipsticks to reflect the four princesses.
this is how i created the ocean princess:
- apply UV brightening underbase using pentagon sponge to even out and prep skin for application of pastel colours
- brush 18 to apply FA illuminating moisture foundation in fair beige
- cover crayon to conceal darkness under eyes and redness around nose and lips. blend with synthetic brush 10.
- brush 18R to apply face powder matte in colourless
EYES: (blue palette) click here to read my review on the eyeshadow palettes
- cover crayon on lids to even out skin tone for pastel colours. blend using synthetic brush 10.
- brush 10F to apply brown painting liner on upper and lower lash line
- natural brush 10 to apply light blue shade all over upper and lower lids…
- extend out to temples
- natural brush 10 to apply deeper blue shade to crease…
- …brush 11 to soften.
- brush 10 to apply light blue and deep blue shade to lower lid
- brush 10 and brush 11 to apply lavender shade above temples blending into the blue shade.
- brush 15 to apply yellow shade on cheekbone blending into blue shade on temples.
- fill in brows using hard formula in seal brown
- line water line with pearly white drawing pencil
- curl lashes
- apply natural mascara in black
- apply oceans beads mini lashes
- brush 2R to line upper and lower lash line
- brush 20 to apply glow on in M soft pink
- line lips with nude lip liner
- fill in with light beige rouge unlimited
- apply gold gloss to centre of lips
HAIR: designed by Lip Lam for Initium Hair
and here’s the final image:
for the makeup artists out there, have fun experimenting with this look!
review for the ob collection to come soon!