dear shu fans,
shu uemura just launched new shades of eyeshadows! for those who love shu eyeshadows, you know how beautiful the texture is. it’s the best eyeshadow out there; it’s made up of minuscule powders to adhere firmly to the skin, so it goes on super smoothly which gives the appearance of a creamy finish.
for those who have yet to discover shu uemura eyeshadows, there are five different finishes to choose from:
- matte (M) – extreme colour payoff with a super soft texture
- pearl (P) – reflective pearls to give a silky shine
- iridescent (IR) – changes colour with light reflection at different angles
- metallic (ME) – silicone based oil for a deep metallic shine (appears dewy)
- glitter (G) – fine glitter that’s perfect for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes or to layer on eyeshadows
with all the pinks and corals that we see this season, try creating a soft coral look for this summer season. i was recently in japan and noticed all the girls with bright pink and peach cheeks and fluffy eyelashes; this is such a sweet, dolly look which is what we’ve been seeing on the runways as well.
here’s how to create the look:
for even and fresh looking skin, i used limited edition shu uemura bb beige uv underbase (SPF30) from the mamechiyo collection. (bb stands for blemish balm; it has higher coverage to even out skin and improves the texture of skin over time). then i used shu uemura face architect glowing fit powder foundation (which contains SPF26) in 564 (medium light sand). a powder foundation for summer time is great, it’s mattifying and doesn’t feel heavy.
use brush 20 and apply shu uemura glow on M medium peach 561 to apples of the cheeks (for dolly look apply more colour to the centre of the apple and create a gradation extending outwards). use glow on P light peach 510 to highlight cheekbones, bridge of nose and under eyes.
- use drawing pencil in brown and line upper and lower lash line and smudge/soften with finger.
- use brush 10 and apply P light coral 131 all over lid. tip: start from lash line and create a gradation upwards covering the entire lid.
- use brush 10 and apply P medium brown 875 to outer corner of eye. tip: gently sweep the colour on and use patting motion to soften; this will prevent fall off of eyeshadow onto cheek
- use brush 11 and dab a small amount of P dark brown 895. use this to soften the edges of the medium brown shade.
- use brush 11 and apply P light beige 822 to brow bone and blending into the P dark brown 895.
- use brush 10F (flat brush) and press P medium brown 875 into outer 2/3 of lower lash line.
- use brush 10F and press P light coral 131 to inner 1/3 of lower lash line. (tip: if you have dark circles, apply you can extend the coral shade lower than the inner corner of your eye; this will reflect light which reduces the darkness).
- use brush 2R and black painting liner to line upper and lower lash line. don’t forget to fill under and in between your upper lash line to create an appearance of a fuller lash line.
- curl lashes and apply shu uemura ultimate expression mascara to upper and lower lashes.
- finish with shu uemura smoky layers false eyelashes.
left to right: ME light silver 935, ME soft gold 335, P light coral 131, ME soft pink 155, P light green 520, P light blue 611, P medium brown 875, P dark plum 790, ME light beige, 825, P light beige 822.
i’m using one of the 19 new shu uemura lipstick shades. its improved formula has much higher colour payoff (higher coverage) and is more moisturizing than the previous formula. it also has great staying power. the colour i’m using is PK320 (seashell pink). the colours always look brighter in the tube, but look super natural when applied to lips.
have fun experimenting!