the weather is getting much warmer! time to switch our darks for some colour. for those who always stick to neutral eyeshadows, a simple way to incorporate a bit of colour to your look is to switch your base colour eyeshadow in your shu uemura quad to a fun coloured eyeshadow. makeup is all about experimenting, so have some fun!
i chose to experiment with one of the new shu uemura eyeshadow shades: P light green 520. i simply used it as my base colour and did my makeup as i would normally. to keep the look soft, i used shu uemura brown painting liner on my upper and lower lash line rather than black, which can be a bit harsh. i also used shu uemura farfallina lashes, which are a mix of brown and black which keeps the look soft as well.
this is the look i wore to launch the new mamechiyo limited edition collection of uv underbases and cleansing oils (pick them up now before we run out! i’m stocking up on the bb beige uv underbase!):
here’s how to create the look:
- mamechiyo uv underbase in bb beige to even out my skin (especially those blemishes from occasional breakouts)
- face architect smoothing fluid foundation in 564 (medium light sand) (which is semi-matte because my skin tends to get a bit oily in the warmer months)
- glow on in 561 (it’s a matte medium peach) on the apples of my cheeks, then i soften the edges on my cheekbones using glow on P510 (a pearl light peach)
- since the band of the false lashes is a little thicker than the natural lashes, i used brush 10F (flat brush) to press painting liner in brown in my upper lash line (creating sort of a base near the lash line)
- use brush 10 and eyeshadow P light green 520 and apply from lash line up, creating a gradation form lash line up to crease.
- use brush 10 and apply P medium brown 875 to lash line and outer corner. soften outer corner with m dark brown 895 and brush 11.
- use brush 11 and apply m light beige 813 to brown bone and blend into the dark brown to soften.
- use black painting liner and brush 4F to tight line upper lash line
- use brown painting liner and brush 4F to line upper and lower lash line.
- use brush 10F and m dark brown 895 to soften lower lash line
- use brush 5R (pencil brush) and me gold soft gold 335 to inner corner
- curl lashes, apply ultimate natural mascara in brown (it’s light and keeps the curl of the lashes so that the falsies can sit on top of them and use them as a base) and apply farfallina lashes which adds some serious volume and length!
- hard formula in seal brown. start in the middle of the brown and apply in strokes following the direction of hair growth
- soften the brown using brush 6OB to brush through your brows
- i used new rouge unlimited PK320 (a sweet seashell pink – my current favourite lip colour)
And here’s my lovely shu uemura team at yorkdale holt renfrew launching the mamechiyo collection and featuring our new rouge unlimited lipsticks and new eyeshadow shades: