how-to: autumn eyes and crimson lips using karl for shu collection
as promised, here is the first of the looks that i’ll be creating on myself for the karl lagerfeld for shu uemura collection. one of this fall and holiday season’s trend is all about rocking red lips paired with soft neutral eyes. for this easy-to-do and very wearable look, i used the prestigious bordeaux palette and 2 shades of red lipstick from the collection: mon shu red and luxe burgundy.
for the look, i used the 2 brown shades, the golden glittery shade, the deep purple to deepen crease and the red blush (i know it looks very red, but it looks so good on!)
so here are the steps! (i was sitting at my vanity table with a window to my right so the lighting kept changing! please excuse the colour and quality of photos – all done with my iphone!)
- for my skin, i used tsuya skin serum and uv underbase
- foundation is face architect smooth fit fluid foundation in 564 (medium light sand)
- concealer is point cealer in medium light sand
- i just realized that i left out one photo. before softening edges, i used brush 5R and the deep purple shade to deepen my crease.
- curl lashes
- then use xtreme stretch mascara for top and bottom lashes
- apply shu uemura soft cross lashes (or your favourite shu lashes)
- apply red blush using brush 15 – dab (as the blush is very pigmented) and create a soft gradation
experiment with a red that suits you best. i first tried mon shu red (to the far left), then i dabbed luxe burgundy (second from the left) to the centre of my lips. i found this gave my lips more dimension and i personally like the crimson tone better for my skin:
this is the mon shu red on its own with no lip liner and no concealer/foundation on my lips
this is in natural light in front of my window (wow, i need a tan! lol)
this is after i dabbed the luxe burgundy to the centre of my lips. i found it gave a more velvety textured look.
thanks for reading! i’ll be doing another look using the smoky palette soon! remember to check back!
Pingback: Playlist: Playing with Prestigious Bordeaux | Softly Sometimes